The archive is open to qualified researchers by appointment. Our most frequently accessed collections are:
- Photographs--Nearly 70,000 black and white prints and negatives (1876-1992), and over 10,000 color slides and prints.
- Telephone directories--Bell System and Regional Bell Operating Company directories from 1890 through 2001, representing Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Iowa, Minnesota, Montana, Nebraska, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, Washington, Wyoming and about 60 years of El Paso, Texas books. (Not every city is available for each year.)
- Historic documents--Records from over 500 historic telephone companies west of the Mississippi (circa 1878-1998), and several currently operational companies. We have a unique collection of telephone company stock certificates, and scrapbooks and memoirs compiled by telephone company employees and their families.
- Current events--We track, via public records such as news clippings and financial reports, nearly 3,000 current telephone, wireless, manufacturing, internet, and interactive cable companies around the world.
- Timeline--A timeline of important telecommunications events, plus our "Top 10" lists of both past and future.
Want to see inside our archives? Take a virtual tour of our facilities in Denver. You can see more exhibits in the Telecommunications Virtual Museum.
© 1995-2017 The Telecommunications History Group, Inc. All Rights Reserved.